Amazing Buenos Aires
Things to do & see in this beautiful city.
January 25, 2009
More photos of Puerto Madero / Más fotos de Puerto Madero
My first impression of the new Puerto Madero was quiet negative. I haven’t been there in quiet a while and it shocked me a little bit. It looks completely different with all the new buildings. I returned there three times in less than two weeks, and now, I must admit, I’m starting to like it. I visited the new Fortabat art collection and simply loved it!!! It’s worth a visit! I also think the new riverside is great for roller-skating, biking or simply walking or having a coffee at any of the cafeterias.

You can start your tour at the west side and walk along the old red bricks docks until the Puente de la Mujer, then cross it and enjoy the east side until you reach the Fortabat museum. Or, you can start your tour visiting the art collection first. My suggestion: go there near the sunset, so you might see the area both during the day and night. It’s great for taking photos.

Puente de la Mujer

Mi primera impresión del nuevo Puerto Madero fue bastante negativa. Hacía tiempo que no iba allí y me chocó bastante ver las nuevas construcciones. Fui tres veces en las últimas dos semanas y ahora debo admitirlo, me está gustando. Visité la recientemente inaugurada colección de arte Fortabat y me encantó!!! Vale la pena visitarla.

Eduardo Pla's neon sculpture.
También me está gustando la zona para ir a andar en rollers, bicicleta o simplemente sentarse a tomar un café en alguna de las confiterías.
Pueden empezar su recorrido por la zona oeste y caminar a lo largo de los antiguos docks de ladrillos rojos hasta el Puente de la Mujer. Pueden cruzarlo y volver por el lado de enfrente hasta llegar a la colección Fortabat. O al revés, empezar por ésta.
Sugerencia: si van cerca del atardecer, pueden ver la zona a la luz del día y de noche. Es bárbaro para sacar fotos.
Repsol tower by Cesar Pelli.

Labels: ,